Have you always had this calling or tug at your heart to do something more? Have you every thought about creating something that was your own? Do you think about how awesome it would be to work for yourself, to make your own hours, to call the shots in your life? There are so many ways out there that you can create your own life by design. If you can dream it you truly can do it.
I will be honest that 5 years ago when Beachbody came into my life I was not even looking for a business opportunity. I was looking for a solution to my own weight issue. After having 2 boys I was not feeling very confident in my skin, I was lacking energy to keep up with the demands of motherhood and I just felt disgusting about my body. Getting dressed each day was a chore as I would literally try on everything in my closet until I found something that would hide my muffin top and that I could button that wasn’t still maternity. Can you relate? It’s an awful feeling, I don’t ever want to go back to that place again. I remember taking my before pictures and just crying because I had no idea how the heck I gotten to that point in my life. Who the heck was that person?!?!
I chose on that day that I wasn’t going back and I didn’t. Each day I would go down to the basement, press play on my laptop and do my Insanity workout. I would die in the warmup and somehow muster the energy to get to the end of every single workout. I would check off the boxes on the workout calendar and celebrate each day that I completed a workout. There were many times I would find myself starring in the mirror and looking for any signs of change. Most days there was nothing…. it wasn’t until I really started paying attention to my nutrition that my body began drastically changing. Insert clean eating! This was the game changer for me. I used to be the low fat, fat free, weight watchers girl and that wasn’t working for me because I was literally starving all the time. When I embraced clean eating the pounds really started to come off and my body began transforming. While it did take me 6-9 months to reach my ultimate fitness and health goals I learned so much more in the process. I found out that I am passionate about health and fitness and that I want to help others do the same.
In July of 2011 I decided to take the leap of faith after my coach sent me this video, it was a general video about what coaching was all about but that was all it took to get my wheels turning. I wanted to teach people how to set realistic goals, how to stay committed and how to start and finish the program to get the results that they wanted. I also really wanted to teach people how to eat cleaner and how to make it work in their already busy lifestyle.
I signed up as a coach with zero background in coaching, fitness or nutrition and I taught myself how to create a significant income for my family! I learned everything I needed to know with the help of my coach, my team, google and youtube!
I went on to create a systematic approach to:
- Running Support & Accountability groups
- Training new coaches
- Duplicating my success principles
- Creating leaders on the team
- Reaching your individual business goals
Now we are the Dream Team which is the #1 Team in the entire organization and we are holding onto that spot for 3 consecutive years. I believe that coaching is what I was born to do. I love helping others succeed and I love what it has done for me and my family and my team! We are growing by leaps and bounds and its incredible to see the ripple effect of what I started with and how it is helping so many coaches get in the best shape of their life and also crush their own financial goals. If you would of told me 5 years ago that I would be a network marketing professional I would of laughed at you. God had a different plan!
So what would I say are the most important tips for success in starting your business?
- Passion: You can have all the skill in the world but if you are not passionate about your companies mission then it doesn’t matter how much knowledge you have you won’t have the drive to succeed.
- Belief: You have to believe in your ability to be successful. If you doubt your ability, if you think it can’t happen to you, if you are afraid of failure and you put up your guard you will struggle. As an Entrepreneur you have to be willing to do what other people are not willing to do so that you can have long term success. I was nervous to launch my business and put myself out there but I realized that I was doing this for all the right reasons and my mission was to help as many people as possible have success. I knew that I wasn’t hurting anyone, that I was providing value and that I had good intentions and when I came to that realization the sky was the limit!
- Consistency: To have success it is all about consistency over time that brings about results. That time under tension is key! If you stay consistent long enough at sharing your journey, inspiring others and leading by example the compound effect will take place. Unfortunately I see it so many times where people give it 3-6 months and sometimes a year and quit because success didn’t happen fast enough or they see that maybe there is shiny object promising more money faster but bottom line is that it’s all the same. The grass is not greener on the other side. Every side brings about challenges that test your limits.
- Remain Teachable: Take matters into your own hand. If you don’t know the answer, find it! Google is your best friend and YouTube is a wealth of information. If you struggle in any area of business success you can go to the web and find the inspiration and answers to your struggles. You never ever learn it all and just when you think you have a handle on things life throws you a curve ball. So keep learning and keep those eyes open to change.
- Fail Forward: Remember that failure is a part of success. If you are willing to fail you will learn powerful life lessons that will teach you how to eventually achieve that massive success you are looking for. If you are afraid of failure you may never find your true success.
- Sacrifice: I would be lying if I said that I didn’t make A LOT of sacrifices along the way. I gave up a lot of free time, down time and sleep to build the solid foundation of my business. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that I would not change a thing. The sacrifices were worth the success and the life we have created. So be willing to work hard and sacrifice for a few years.
The Slight Edge was the book that changed my life and taught me that this business will take time and that everything is either working for or against me. It was what gave me the mindset to realize that it is the small seemingly insignificant things that bring about the most business success.
You can truly do anything that you put your mind too! I am currently expanding my team of motivated, self driven, confident women and I’m looking for you! If you are interested in learning more about what coaching is like on my team check out the coaching tab and the sneak peek event. Complete the application below to join! Offer ends at midnight tonight!
To take advantage of the Small Business Saturday offer complete the application below: