Looking for something a little different for dinner this week? We tried out this coconut curry chicken and I have to say, it is one of our new favorites in the Mitro household! I personally LOVE coconut so this chicken was totally my jam!! We served it with steamed rice and some green beans for a yummy weeknight meal.
2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch chunks
salt and pepper
1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ tbsp curry powder
½ onion, thinly sliced
2 gloves garlic, crushed
1 can (14 oz) organic coconut milk
1 can (14.5 oz) organic diced tomatoes, drained
1 can (8 oz) organic tomato sauce
3 tbsp sugar
- Season the chicken chunks with salt and pepper.
- Mix curry powder and oil. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the curry oil mixture.
- Add garlic and onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken chunks and toss lightly to coat with the oil mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Pour coconut milk, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into pan and stir to combine. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve immediately over rice.
From All Recipes. Serves 6.