Sunday night dinners are our family nights and we always enjoy the time together. It is like our last hooray before we kick off the week!
So we were out shopping at Costco and saw this awesome tilapia and decided that fish tacos were going to be the dinner of choice!
Here is how we cleaned up traditional fish tacos and made them clean eating!
- 8 oz of tilapia
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 4 whole grain tortillas or I used whole grain corn tortillas for the crunch
- 1/2 c grated cucumber
- 1/2 c grated carrots
- 1/2 c shredded cabbage
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro
- 1 cup non fat greek yogurt (costco kirkland brand)
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- Chili powder to taste
- Rub fish with cumin and chili powder
- Heat pan to medium and spray with cooking spray.
- While fish is cooking grate cucumber, carrots, cabbage and cilantro
- Break fish into pieces and divide into tacos
- Mix some chili powder with greek yogurt and lime juice and spread on top of fish
- Top with the grated veggies