Let’s face it, losing the last 10 pounds is not easy or exciting. Truthfully it can downright stink. I mean it takes a more serious effort in order to get those last pesky pounds off. But trust me this plan has worked for me at least 3 times now. I have done the Eat Clean Stripped plan to get ready for a few of my Beachbody Events and have been really successful with it. The key is to remember that you are not starving yourself, you are still eating but you are limiting the foods that you are eating. This is also a short period of time and you can then go back to the maintenance plan of clean eating.
Here are the details. If you are looking to lose the last 10 pounds definitely get the book, Eat Clean Stripped by Tosca Reno. It really gave me a guide to follow and very helpful suggestions. Plus plugging into a community of support that can help you along the way is key to your success.
So the point of this blog post is to give you some snack ideas. I know that everyone is busy with life and sometimes remembering to eat a snack seems so daunting. Especially if you aren’t really hungry. The thing is this, you might not be hungry now, but in 30 minutes you will be ravenous and then you will make bad choices because I swear when you get that hungry you lose all ability to make good decisions regarding food choices. So if you have to set an alarm on your phone to remind you to eat a snack between your meals. Aim to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours thru the day.
So here are a list of allowable snack ideas on the stripped plan:
|Strawberries & Cashews|
- 14 Raw Unsalted almonds and 1 apple
- 2 hard boiled eggs; 2 cupped handfuls of berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- 1/2 chicken breast and steamed green beans
- 1 apples and water packed canned tuna
- 2 cupped handfuls of strawberries and 1 handful of raw unsalted cashews (my fav snack)
- Protein Shake with 1 scoop protein powder, water, ice and a pear.
- 2 hard boiled eggs 2 stalks of celery and green tea
- 1 pear and water packed tuna
- Chopped apple, pear, & blueberries topped with walnuts (14) and a squeeze of lemon juice
- Hummus (2 tbsp) with sliced cucumber (2 cups)
- 4 Scrambled Egg whites with sliced tomato
- Apple and 1 tbsp of all natural almond butter
- Hummus (2tbsp) and sliced red pepper (1 cup)
- 2 Celery Stalks and almond butter
- Hummus (2 tbsp) and cherry tomatoes
|Day of Stripped Eating|
What should I avoid:
All over processed, chemically charged, toxin laded foods. Sugar is in disguises and white refined flour products are at the top of the no-no list. Also it’s important to know that Alcohol is just another form of sugar so it’s critical to avoid it during the 4 week plan. Your success will depend on it. It’s important to stay away from unhealthy fats and foods containing excess sodium. In general, if you don’t recognize the ingredients, don’t eat the food.
What should I eat a lot of:
There are a few foods that you will eat a lot of over the next 4 weeks. This includes egg whites, lean turkey and chicken breast, nuts, berries, beans and legumes, spinach and other leafy vegetables, asparagus and broccoli, sweet potatoes, oats, quinoa and apples!
You wan to aim to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces each and every day. Herbal caffeine free teas are ok! Remember no SUGAR not even fake or alternatives and no milk!
Lastly, here is my sample meal plan for the start of the Stripped Plan tomorrow.
Hope this helps to give you some guidance.